Thursday, November 6, 2014

Health Shaming?

Seriously, its a thing and it needs to stop. It may not be an official definition but to me it means guilting others for making healthy decisions. Now, I couldn't tell you why this is a thing but no one should feel bad for bettering themselves! 

This is a surprising challenge that I have come across during my cleanse. I am making a decision to better my health and wellness and that's not acceptable? Like I said in a previous post, I don't need to drink to have a good time. It doesn't mean I'm not going to want to go out and have fun. I don't need to order the most buttery, cheesiest, most sugar filled item on the menu. It doesn't mean I don't want to try a new restaurant. 

Really my decision to do this is for myself and no one else. I have about a week left of my cleanse and I feel amazing. I will most likely continue to eat this way long after the 21 days are up. 


Today, I tried a new place called Roots Pressed Juices (they have smoothies too). It was the cutest little store right next to Lululemon and the Lenox mall. Since I had run out of almond milk this morning, I had a rice cake with sun butter for breakfast. Missing my daily smoothie, I thought, "there's still lunch!" So I chose this place over Smoothie King and boy, am I happy I did! I enjoyed the most delicious raw cocoa and avocado smoothie and I will definitely be going back!


And if anyone is wondering how the 21 day yoga challenge has since effected my life… I continue to do it 4-5 times a week and am starting to take my poses further and see a change in my practice. Starting this blog has literally been one of the best things I've done for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment