I am all about this title. It's about progress. What are you doing to reach your goals?
I set up 3 very ambitious goals for this challenge. I really hope no one expected me to quit cold turkey! But I promise I am trying and I think its helping.
1. I have been keeping my phone in the corner of my room, away from my bed every night.
The Benefit :: Gets me up in the morning (no snooze) and it' is off my mind for about 30 minutes before I actually fall asleep.
The Problem :: I do not have an alarm clock so when I wake up in the middle of the night, I check my phone, which is the main reason I wanted it away from my bed.
The Solution :: Actually use my alarm clock… WHAT. Or I could keep my phone in the bathroom and then the light would already be on when I check my phone so it wouldn't be as blinding to my eyes…
I'll keep you posted…
2. Do not watch Netflix in bed. I am not going to lie about this one but I am about 50/50.
The Benefit :: Not having the lights from the computer will make it easier to sleep (and make it a better sleep).
The Problem :: I am really enjoying watching Friends and The Office before I fall asleep. Sometimes, I think it makes falling asleep much easier, which probably is not true AT ALL.
The Solution :: I need to get into a habit of not taking my computer into my room. I think this weekend will be good for that. I am going to Florida for a short weekend and I do not plan to take my computer which completely eliminates the option of watching Netflix in bed.
3. Writing at least 3 things in my "positivity/gratitude journal" every night before bed.
The Benefit :: Sheds a positive light on the day and eliminates negative energy before bed.
The Problem :: What problem? This has been fairly easy to remember to do, however, sometimes three things is hard to think of. And I know most people write things like family or friends (which I am 100% grateful for) but I really trying to make my lists very specific to each day.
The Solution :: Do more things that make me happy.
**I really hope you all find my posts interesting/inspirational/entertaining… or something along those lines. If you ever think of something that you might like to see me write about or challenge, feel free to write to me!**

No comments:
Post a Comment