Tuesday, December 2, 2014

3 things I learned from my yoga class today...

1. Comparing yourself to others will make you unbalanced :: In my hot power class today, sweating it out in reverse triangle, I was watching the girl next to me instead of focusing on myself. I was comparing how beautiful her pose was and how I was hoping mine looked the same... When I (surprise!) lost my balance and fell out of my pose. Lesson learned. No more comparing myself to others. 

2. Yoga teachers really don't judge you :: I was up in wheel pose (yep finally up and holding it) when my instructor decided to come help me. She's helping me to bend further and all the while I'm thinking "I'm so sorry but this as much as my back bends, this just isn't going to work..." I couldn't help but laugh and my hand slipped and I look up in an apologetic smile and my teacher is also laughing WITH me, not at me. Phew. 

3. Yoga is always more fun in bright blue leggings :: Enough said. 



No comments:

Post a Comment